Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To work out or not to work out?!

Yesterday was a very busy day for me. I woke up, got the boys changed, got them breakfast, weighed in and took my new measurements, got myself ready, e-mailed Mark [he's been gone for over a month now and yesterday was his birthday], did a few things around the house, went to a few stores, went to the Post Office to send Mark a package, came home, got the boys taken care of, and put them down for naptime. By the time I was done with all of that, it was after noon. I still had to take a shower and get ready for the Cleveland Indians game [last night was Rick Vaughn bobblehead night - and yes, I certainly did get a bobblehead]. I was debating on whether or not I should work out yesterday and just bump everything back a day this week, or if I should just work out for a little bit. I decided that it would be best for me to work out yesterday. I didn't do my strength training work out for an hour or so like I usually do, but I still worked out. I was sweating, feeling the pain in my muscles, and it was great!! I even went on a walk yesterday, which was nice [even though I kept rolling my ankle for some stupid reason HA].

I'm glad that I chose to work out, rather than pushing it a day back. Who knows what pushing my work out a day back would've done!! I might've ended up not getting back into working out. And I'm not going to give up so soon on what I've already put so much hard work in to!!

I love that the weather is getting nicer around here because I've been saying for a few months now that once it's nice out, I'm going to add swimming to my work out. I might add it on the days I run so I have two different things to do on that day, just like on my strength training days I go for a walk. I mean, of course I'll get in the pool every day possible, but on my running days, I'll do more serious swimming than just swimming and playing around for fun in the pool.

Well, I might as well get ready so I can go out for my Tuesday run. I don't want to wait too long to go on my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment