So yesterday was a complete success!! No animal products, no nuts, and no oils in the things I ate and drank!! YAY! The switch hasn't really been that bad so far. I just get annoyed once or twice a day when I see the boys eat their "quick fix" lunches and dinners that have meat and dairy, while I have to wait a while for my vegan meals to finish cooking. Oh well. My mom says that after a few weeks, you'll go a day where you might eat meat or cheese, but the next day you'll know to not eat that stuff again because you'll be so sick. I'm really trying to hold off to have that day. If I have one of those days where I "fall off the wagon", it better be a day where the food will be worth it. HAHAHAHA. I really don't see that happening though. I've gone over a year without pop and fast food, so I think I'll be able to go without animal products, nuts, and oils for a long time, as well.
Here's what I had to eat yesterday:
BREAKFAST: Banana with a glass of low-fat chocolate soy milk.
SNACK: Orange.
LUNCH: Red beans and rice.
SNACK: Apple.
DINNER: Tomato, lettuce, and mustard sandwich. [It was actually really good!!]
DESSERT: Raspberry sorbet.
I went out yesterday morning and did some running/walking intervals, but I made sure I did more running than walking. During the boys' nap time yesterday, I did over an hour of yoga, which made me all kinds relaxed. I did some stretching, too. My thighs are a bit sore today, but it's nothing unbearable.
I went grocery shopping this morning for a few things. I bought some apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, two all-natural fruit smoothie drinks, and then some Pull Ups for Michael and deodorant for me. I wanted to get some plums while I was at the store, but I forgot to. Oh well. Maybe next time I'll get some plums - as long as I remember.
I am proud of myself!! I know it's only day three of being vegan, but I've been able to stick with the no animal products. I haven't started, then end up restarting because I gave in and had some animal products. I've also been able to stick with working out. I'm about to go out on a walk with the boys, and after that, I'm going to work out [upper body and abs].
No comments:
Post a Comment