My mom, the boys, and I went to this natural and organic food market earlier today. It's called Mustard Seed Market & Cafe. The store wasn't very big, but I did like it. Wait - I think I might go as far as saying I love that store!! We went there to get some nutritional yeast, and I left there with nutritional yeast, miso, and some organic tea tree chapstick [which is absolutely wonderful].
I thought that everything there were going to be ridiculously expensive and way overpriced, but I was wrong. Of course, some things were expensive, but I found a lot of things to be reasonably priced. [And with today's economy, anything that's reasonably priced is a huge blessing!!] I even saw some things there that I had never seen in my life, which was pretty cool!!
I made a "mental grocery list" while we were there because when pay day comes next week, I am definitely going there!! Not only do I want to get foods and drinks, I want to get some organic stuff for my face [cleanser, toner, and lotion], vitamins, maybe a cookbook or two, and I'm thinking about buying some of those 99 cent reusable, cloth grocery bags. That place is just amazing!! I wish more cities/towns would have stores like that!!
After reading and hearing things about genetically engineered [GE] foods, versus organic foods, I think I want to switch the boys over to some more organic foods, as well. I want to do this for the health of my family. Foods have definitely changed over the years, and that's why Americans [as a whole] are becoming more obese - it's not just the lack of exercise, even though that does play a part. Of course, I'm not going to make everything for my kids organic right now, and I probably never will, but I definitely want them to eat a very good amount of organic and healthy foods. I want to educate them about healthy, organic foods and drinks and the major benefits of going that "route".
Now, don't think I'm trying to shove my opinions on any one of you and that I'm trying to convert you to my ways, because that's not what I'm trying to do. HA. I'm just simply saying what I feel I should do. I don't think people are horrible or wrong for eating/drinking animal products, eating GE foods, and things like that. How can I be like that to people when I used to eat and drink things like that?! That'd be very wrong of me. I know that organic foods and drinks aren't cheap - but I do believe that the more people buy organic foods and drinks, the prices will go down some. I have nothing against people eating meat, drinking milk from or a cow [or even a goat], eating GE foods - as long as you allow me to live my life the way I want and feed my family the way I want.
Tea tree oil is very good for clearing up acne. And we use the cloth grocery bags. They're so much bigger than plastic bags and are a lot better in my opinion. Keep going strong, Steph. I know you can do it!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I learned how tea tree is really good for your skin and scalp when I was in cosmetology school. I just never really cared to try it out because I wasn't into the organic and natural stuff then. But now, I'm different than I was then, and I definitely want to try the organic and natural stuff. The skin stuff they have there has tea tree and aloe in it, and I really want to try it because I have bad skin. [Although with switching over to vegan and no nuts and oils, my skin has gotten a lot better already.]
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that the cloth bags are bigger than the plastic ones because they don't look like they'd be bigger. But I do like the thought of being able to reuse my grocery bags every time I go shopping, rather than having a million plastic bags around the house.