Yesterday was the first day I went swimming this year. I don't like to go swimsuit shopping [I haven't for 5 years now], and I decided a few months ago that I'd just stick with my swimsuit from last year because I'm almost the same size I was last time I wore it - or so I thought. Well, I put that swimsuit on yesterday, and Holy Moly, it was just slightly too big!! HA. [Thank God I wear a T-shirt over my swimsuit when I go swimming!! HA.] And when I say that my swimsuit is big on me, I do mean it is big on me. I could easily take the bottom part of the top in by 1-2 inches. [The bottom part of the top doesn't tie. Only the top part of it ties.] The bottoms were okay, so I can deal with them. But I really should go out and buy a new swimsuit - a cheap one. I don't need a nice swimsuit for this summer because if I'm going to reach my goal, stay there, get surgery, etc., it would be totally stupid of me and pointless to spend so much money on a swimsuit that won't even last me a whole summer. But it certainly is nice to know that it's time to get a new swimsuit - and have to get one because of losing weight, rather than gaining weight.
I went lifting yesterday afternoon for a little bit. It was a bit instense. HA. I'm starting off fairly low with bench pressing - I only lifted 20 pounds and did 15 reps. But there's this one thing I can do [and I can't think of what it's called at the moment] and lift a lot of weight - so I did 15 reps at 30 pounds, 15 reps at 55 pounds, and 10 reps at 70 pounds. I did one thing for my hamstrings - 15 reps at 15 or 20 pounds. I know I did one or two other things, but I can't remember what they were and how much weight. HA. It was so effing hot though and I was drenched in sweat!! After I was done lifting, I got on the elliptical for a short period of time.
Not only did I go lifting next door for a little bit yesterday, I also did some other stuff. In the morning, I spent about 30-45 minutes working with lighter weights doing some upper body stuff and doing some ab work. Then around 12:30 or so, while Brayden was napping, I took Michael out for a 30-40 minute walk. [Don't worry, my mom was at the house while Brayden was napping.] And like I mentioned before, I went swimming yesterday for a little bit.
At the end of the day yesterday, I felt really good about myself. This morning, I don't feel sore. I am loving that I am taking this seriously and working my butt off!! I can't wait to see where I am in 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc. I am very happy with the results I've seen so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment