Monday, June 1, 2009

A New Day. A New Me.

Today's a new day, and today brings something new in my life - I am going vegan. But along with no animal products, I will not be able to eat anything with nuts and I can't have anything with oils. This is a "diet" [if you really want to call it that] that is to help lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, lower the risk of getting heart disease, and lower the risk of getting diabetes. My family has a history of those things, and I want to lower my chances of getting one [or all] as much as possible. I am very excited to be starting this!! My health is going to improve so much, and I love that!!

I haven't decided, but I am either going to go for a walk or a run today. I wish I could've brought the jogging stroller up here with me, but it was too bulky to put in either of the cars and have enough space for the other things we needed up here. Luckily, I do have strollers up here already, but it'd be really nice to have a jogging stroller. I'm considering buying a jogging stroller while we're up here [to keep up here] so I can take the boys out on walks with me.

In other news, Mark is getting promoted to Sgt today!! YAY! I'm very proud of Mark and very excited for him!! The next big step in the Marine Corps for us will be Mark re-enlisting in October!! We're very excited about that!! Hopefully Mark will get accepted into the MECEP program when he puts in the package for it next year [which will send him to school starting in 2011], and we can be in Columbus, Ohio!! Mark wants to become an Officer, especially since he's planning on doing at least 20 years in the MC. Both of us are very excited and very hopeful about what will come next for Mark in the MC!!

That's all I have for news over here. Time to go get my vegan on!! HA.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the whole vegan thing. I hope it goes well for you. And congratulations to Mark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck hun!!! I'm really interested in this diet...my Mom has been a diabetic her whole life and my Dad has very high blood pressure. Is there a website or a book that explains what you can and can not eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a book about it, but I don't know what it's called. I'll have to ask my mom later since she's out right now.

    But you can't have any animal products, nuts, and oils. Everything you can eat/drink has to be low or no fat, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Good luck! I don't think I could ever go without meat, but I certainly think it's awesome that you're doing this! Anything to make you healthier right? :) And congrats to Mark!

    ReplyDelete