Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Our House: The Office



Since we have four bedrooms in our house, we have decided to turn one of the bedrooms into our office area. It's not a very large room, which is fine because what office needs to be massive? We're going to have to buy a desk for the room, and we're probably going to buy a computer because all we have right now is my laptop. I would really like to have an actual computer in our house instead of having to use my laptop for everything. I am always afraid that my laptop is going to crash on us, and I am going to be SOL with all of my school stuff. [Really, you have no idea how often and how bad I fear that my laptop is going to crash on me one day. I don't care if this laptop is a little over a year old, it gets used a lot and I get very nervous!]

I want to get a desk like this for the office:

I don't like the finish of it, but I like the style. I like the L shape because I prefer to have my pen and paper to the side of me when I'm on a computer and writing stuff down. Also, I just think that L-shaped desks look so much nicer than a regular desk.

Mark and I have decided to make the theme of the office Ohio State. We have so much Ohio State stuff and we're going to put it to use in our office. In the townhouse, the boys' room was all Ohio State stuff; and we've gotten so much Ohio State through the years. I don't know exactly what I am going to do with the wall color(s), but I will figure something out. I know people are probably thinking Paint the walls red. We already have at least one red room in the house, with another possible one. I am sure that I will figure out what to do though. I just don't want to get stuck with painting that room the same way I painted the boys' room in the townhouse because I wanted to throw every can of paint at the walls before it was over since it was just so tedious. Yeah, the boys' room looked amazing when I was done, but it was just too much for me due to total lack of help from Mark.

Having an office would be so beneficial for us! With me going to school, it would be so nice to have a space to do my schoolwork. Also, Mark's considering taking a few online classes. So it would be nice for him to have a space to do schoolwork, too. We'd also have an area to keep all of our files and whatnot. I hate having our files and stuff in our bedroom. I feel like it's invading our space. LOL. So having an office is going to be quite nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment