
Oh, the laundry room. We finally have a laundry room! In base housing, our washer and dryer sat right next to the counter in the kitchen. In the townhouse, our washer and dryer were in a little closet in the kitchen. The only separation was the two bi-folding doors. In this house, our washer and dryer are in the garage. I am so happy that we actually have a laundry room!! Also, I really like that the laundry room is in between the garage and kitchen. It's going to be quite nice having that little separation between the garage and the kitchen.
Some people would probably not care what their laundry room looks like. I am not one of those people. I do care what my laundry room looks like! My laundry room is going to be a fun little space. Laundry can be a bit of drag, so by making the room interesting, I'm hoping that laundry won't suck as much. LOL.
The color I want to paint the laundry room is one of these two greens:

I am kind of feeling the green on the right because the one on the left is a bit too light for my liking. I feel that the green on the right will stand out more, too.
I want to replace the wire shelf with a wood shelf that is black. I think the green and black will go so well together. Not only do I want to put a black shelf in there, I want to get a black washer and black dryer. Mark and I have been talking about getting a new washer and dryer for a while, so why not get new ones now that we have a brand new home? I have already found what I want, too. I want to get the black, front loading washer and dryer. Of course, Energy Star rated is important!
I'm not sure if I really want to or not, but I have been thinking about maybe even painting the woodwork/baseboards in the laundry room black. I think it would look nicer if the woodwork/baseboards were black and not white. Hell, I'm even thinking about painting the doors black. LOL. I just think that white will look stupid and not allow the room to really stand out. I know, I know, I'm overthinking the laundry room; but I just don't want any room in my house to look stupid!
It may sound a bit odd, but I am really excited about the laundry room! I can't wait to paint it and get it all put together! It's going to be such a fun little room! I'm hoping that I enjoy doing laundry in there! LOL. I have a feeling I will enjoy it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment