Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just when everything was going right...

...something had to go wrong. And not just anything, but the biggest, most important "piece" to all of this!

In a recent blog, I mentioned that I knew the streak of awesome days would end at some point. Well, that streak ended on Monday night. And when it ended, it really ended! I was in tears, I was yelling, I was hyperventilating, and just everything you can imagine in a horrible mess of a breakdown, it probably happened.

So here's why I was having such a disastrous emotional/mental breakdown:
We're moving - but you already knew that with all of my recent blog posts. I told Mark 1-2 months ago to go to TMO and start getting everything taken care of for the move. I probably told him every single day, until he went, to quit dragging his feet and go already. I was getting extremely angry the week before we went to Florida at the beginning of this month because Mark still hadn't gone, and I just wanted him to flippin' go! Well, he never went to TMO before we went to Florida. I was incredibly angry, to say the least! Mark went to TMO after we got back from Florida.

On Monday, Mark went to TMO about something. I think he went to ask them if they had any idea about how much money he would be getting and when we would get the first half. Turns out, the idiots at TMO flippin' LOST Mark's TMO package!!!! Are you kidding me?! How can you just lose something like that?! You've got to have the IQ of 5 to lose something like that! Come on! So they told Mark to go back the next day, Tuesday - which was yesterday. The TMO money was going to be our closing cost money, and it looked as if we weren't going to be getting that money in time unless some sort of miracle happened. And since it's the military and it involves money, that miracle just wouldn't happen. [Let me tell you, if it's money that's not the normal paycheck that comes twice a month, the military will hold out as long as possible to give you that money. They're bastards when it comes to money. Trust me.]

Since TMO wasn't looking too good, we decided to go into a savings plan that Mark has. He has way more than enough money in there to cover our closing cost, so that was a relief. What wasn't a relief was finding out that it would take up to 10 business days for us to get the money! Oh joy! We still filled out the application and Mark faxed the application yesterday morning when he got to work.

At noon, TMO opened and Mark went over there as soon as it opened yesterday. Supposedly Mark got a little stern with the person he was talking to because someone had to tell Mark to pipe it down a bit. [If you know my husband, you know he never raises his voice. Ever! So knowing that someone said something to him is kind of weird and unusual. Mark's normally the one telling people to relax and calm down a bit.] Well, it turns out that TMO won't be giving us any money till after Mark checks in at the base down in Florida!! Um, he can't check in till October 15 or later!! Grrrreeeaaaaat! So thank you, Mark, for not going to TMO when I told you. And thank you, TMO, for being effing idiots and screwing things up!

We weren't going to have the money from TMO, and we aren't sure if the savings plan money was going to be in our account fast enough. Chances are, the money won't be in the account fast enough. Awesome. We're scheduled to close on October 1, and we won't have the money to flippin' close! I was losing it and I feared for everyone's life that came into contact with me in any way - face-to-face, over the phone, just in passing, etc. I talked to our mortgage broker, Pati, twice yesterday, and I cried each time. I'm not sure if she noticed that I was crying or not because I was trying so hard to cover it up, but I wouldn't be surprised if she noticed.

So here we are, the week before we're supposed to move to Florida, and we don't have the money for our closing cost. Mark called his dad and his brother and asked them if they could loan us some money, that's how desperate Mark was feeling. His brother really wanted to help us, but he's spending most of his money to pay off his student loans. Mark's dad isn't sure he could help us, and he won't know till Thursday [tomorrow]. I had already talked to my mom about the problem on Monday night, and she had told me if she and my dad had the money, they would loan it to us in a heartbeat. I didn't even ask my mom for the money either. [My parents would seriously drop everything to help us! I love them so much!] We weren't going to ask Mark's mom to help us because we knew she was still a bit money-tight since she had recently moved into a place by herself, got a new car, and other stuff. We didn't even tell her what was going on because we knew she would lose her mind, especially since she couldn't help us.

All day, I was having moments of incredible anger, and then moments when all I could do was cry. Everything had taken such a horribly wrong turn!

But like a friend had told me way back when we were very young teenagers in high school, "the wheel will continue to turn as you move forward, and you'll be back on top again."

Last night, while Mark and I were watching "Glee", Mark's mom called my phone. It wasn't 9:00 PM yet, so I hit the Ignore button on my phone and said to Mark that I would just call her back in a few minutes. About 10 seconds later, Mark's phone started ringing. It was his mom. He tried to answer it, even though I said not to because we'll be using even more minutes, and that I already said I would call her back in about 5 minutes when it was 9:00 PM. Well, something happened and Mark couldn't hear his mom. He hung up the phone. About 10 seconds later, his phone started ringing again. I told him, yet again, not to answer it. He answered it. His mom wanted to talk to me, so Mark gave me the phone. Mark's mom asked me what I was doing, and I said that I was just watching "Glee". She told me that I should pause the show because she needed to talk to me and it was important. As it turns out, Mark's mom found out about the money situation. My mom let it slip when they were talking earlier in the day because my mom was a nervous wreck. But not only did my mom say something, Mark's brother had mentioned it to Mark's mom. Well, Mark's mom didn't have the money to loan us. However, she knew someone that was very willing to loan the money to us!!!! I started crying on the phone, which caused Mark's mom to start crying again. I cannot even begin to tell you how happy it made me to know that someone's so willing to loan us the money!! Just when people in the world prove to me how horrible people can be, there are a few people that make me believe that there are still some amazing people in the world.

I am so happy that the problem has been solved, but I will not be completely happy till we are in our house. I know that anything can go wrong between now and then, but I am hoping and praying to God that nothing else goes wrong! We're leaving North Carolina one week from today, and I don't think I will be able to handle any more mishaps before we move into the house.

1 comment:

  1. HUGS!!!! I am so glad things are going to work out! I've been worried about you, but I'm so glad that things are going to work out!!

    ReplyDelete