Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our House: The Kitchen






I love our kitchen! I love that we have an island, a pantry, and that it's open! Oh, we also have granite countertops! Love it! The appliances are stainless steel and Energy Star rated. The builder is also giving us a stainless steel refrigerator to match the rest of the appliances!! The refrigerator is Energy Star rated, too.

Mark and I are kind of going back and forth about the colors we want to paint the kitchen. We don't know if we should go with yellows or oranges. Mark wants the colors to be "in your face", but I don't want the walls to be "in your face". The color of the plant ledge can be "in your face", but not the walls. However, I don't want there to be an insanely dramatic difference between the walls and plant ledge. Then there's the part of me saying that yellows and oranges would not look right in the kitchen because of the countertops and the cabinets. I swear, it is going to be so difficult to figure out a color that Mark and I can agree on. It doesn't matter if I'm the one with a design major and if I've always been the artistic one [and Mark's complete lack of artistic abilities], Mark won't let me just pick out the colors on my own.

I can't wait to bake and cook in the kitchen! I love being in a nice kitchen because it makes me want to bake and cook often. I love to bake and cook as it is, but I love it even more when I'm in a nice kitchen.

All of the cabinets and the pantry will give me so much storage space for everything. I always feel like we never have enough room for all of my kitchen stuff, and that is why some of my stuff never even gets unpacked. When we moved into this house, I never unpacked about two large Rubbermaid boxes of kitchen stuff because we didn't have enough storage space in the kitchen. I couldn't even unpack some of our other kitchen stuff [coffee maker, George Foreman grill, etc.] because there wasn't enough counter space nor storage space in the cabinets. So all of the storage space in our new house is very nice!

I love our house! It's going to be so nice once I'm done decorating it! I hope that we have people over often because I feel like our house is just right for entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment