Do you ever find it ridiculous that once you're older, out of your parents' place and living on your own, paying your own bills [rent/house payments, cell, cable, etc.], taking care of your family, etc. that you get excited over the DUMBEST things that you never understood why your parents got excited over when you were a child?! Well, I can't help but laugh at myself because over the weekend, I got excited over a few appliances being bought/ordered. On Saturday, we ordered [and paid for] a new dryer because ours is one broken, busted down POS these days. [It takes three FULL times in there to get clothes dry, or simply even close to dry. That's three cycles of 80 minutes each!! Crapola!!] So I am so excited about the dryer being delivered on Wednesday!! Also, Mark and I went to Walmart yesterday morning with the boys, and we got me a blender. I was so thrilled to bring it home and use it!! But seriously?...A BLENDER!!!! You would've thought someone handed me $1 million!! HA. But now I have a blender to make my day's worth of protein smoothies all at once. It's nice being able to do that now so that when it's time for the next smoothie, I just pour it into a cup, rather than having to spend a few minutes each time I want one to make it. So wonderful!!
I've become more serious about my protein smoothies and now have the recommended number of them each day for better muscle growth [which is 3 smoothies per day] rather than just one or two smoothies a day. The whey protein really is helping me out though!! I can see and feel the difference in my muscles, which is great!! The main area in which I can feel/see the difference is my legs. I can now flex my legs muscles and see the muscles!! HECK YES!! My calf muscles are really coming along nicely, too!! I am loving them right now, and I know that they'll only get bigger and stronger the more I work out!! I am getting that "heart shape" to my calves, and it's just nothing short of amazing!! So whenever I go to wear heels, my calves will look pretty hot!! HA.
I am starting to see some more definition in my triceps, too. I'm not seeing as much definition as I'd like, but it'll take some more time and work before those bad boys are lookin' the way I want them to. But my biceps are getting a bit bigger and stronger!! My deltoids are also feeling a bit stronger. All-in-all, my arms are getting stronger and I can see some major changes in them...they're coming along nicely!!
Speaking of arms, that was the area [upper body] I worked out last night, along with my abs. The workout was pretty good. I worked out in the afternoon, and then again in the evening. I try to workout twice a day, for 1-2 hours each time. I try to get at least one hour of upper/lower body [whichever the target area is for the day] and one hour of abs each day that I do strength training. Also, Mark and I put the boys in thr stroller last night and went for a walk. We walked for maybe a mile though. It was quite windy when we went out, and we didn't want to keep the boys out for too long. We did have them all bundled up for the walk, but I just didn't want to keep them in that weather for a long time. So we just walked about a mile. The one thing I hate about walking in cold/semi-cold weather is that it feels so wrong when I sweat. Sweating in the cold is just not cool to me. It doesn't make "sense". HA. I love to sweat, but not so much when it's cold. HA.
Today is a cardio day. So once the boys and I get home from Michael's speech therapy and running to the store, I am going to feed them their lunch, put them in the stroller, and either go for a run or walk [depending on the weather]. I am going to maybe go for 1-2 miles [again, depending on the weather]. I don't want to keep them out for too long though because that walk/run is just something to "wind them down" so they can nap nicely. I love it because once we're home, they'll nap longer than they would if I just put them in their room without going for a run/walk.
Over the weekend, I got some more food. I bought two bags of shrimp, protein bars, whey protein [since I'm going through my first tub of it pretty fast], and other stuff. So for dinner last night, I had a few cucumber slices, 12 pieces of grilled shrimp, half of a green pepper [grilled], and a strawberry protein smoothie. It doesn't really sound like much [and it didn't look like much on my plate last night], but it was a filling meal!! Not only was it filling, it was delish!! I'm debating though if I want shrimp again for dinner tonight, or if I want to have some chicken. Hmm.... We'll see when the time comes, I guess.
Well, I am going to go now. I have to start getting things ready for the day. Stay strong, everyone!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment