Sunday, February 15, 2009

February 15, 2008

So as I mentioned in my previous blog, Friday and yesterday [Saturday] were going to be my days off. And that they were. I didn't work out. Well, unless you want to count playing DDR last night a workout, then so be it. HA.

Today's workout was great!! I did lower body and abs. The first time I worked out today was for an hour or so, and the second time I worked out was for just about two hours. My legs were really burning during the second workout of the day!! My abs were hurting some, but my legs were on FIRE!! I loved it! Absolutely amazing!

Yesterday [Saturday] was a day of shopping for things. I went back to Marshall's and got a TON of workout clothes for myself, as well as a few things for Mark. I stocked up on sports bras, pants, and shorts. I got some other things, too. For Mark, I got him some gym shorts. I went to Walmart yesterday as well and got some lotions, Dr. Scholl's insoles for my shoes, whey protein, and some other stuff. I got something for Mark as part of his [early] deployment gift. [He won't be leaving for a few months, but I wanted to get him the stuff now. I'll be giving it to him soon.] Hmm...where else did we go yesterday?! Oh, went to Best Buy and got DDR and another gift as one of Mark's deployment gifts. He'll absolutely love that gift!! Also went to Toys R Us/Babies R Us and got Brayden a new carseat. I LOVE IT!! I also got the boys some new Converse shoes while we were there. I wanted to get a double jogging stroller while we were there, but they were out of stock at the time. I ended up ordering one from their website though, and it should be here within 6-10 business days. The cool thing was that they have a President's Day free shipping thing going on right now on certain items if you have them shipped normally. So I can't wait for the stroller to get here!! I'm pumped!!

I sent in my registration form and check yesterday for the Relay for Life 5K run!! I am so pumped about it!! I've even e-mailed someone from back home who's working at the Relay for Life to find out about their 5K run [to see if they're doing that again this year]. If they are, I asked them to send me stuff because I'd love to run that one as well!! I should be getting back to Brunswick right before they have it!! My sister's looking into this one thing going on in Cleveland this summer that's for cancer. Don't know much about it, but hopefully she'll find more out about it soon. I'd love to do more races to help charities/organizations. There's a Run for the Warriors race in May here at Camp Lejeune, but I don't know if I'll even be here for it. If I am, I'm thinking about running that. And that one has the option of running a 5K or 10K. If I am here for that race, I might just run the 10K. We'll see though. Hopefully I'm here for it. I love to run just because, but I love running even more now for a cause. I can't wait till March 7th when I'm running that 5K. I'm thinking about ordering something from Stand Up To Cancer and wearing it to the race. I could wear one of my old Relay for Life shirts that I've got, but those bad boys are all torn up and massively large. But I figure that I should maybe wear something that's related to the cause [cancer], and Stand Up To Cancer is a wonderful place to order from.

No comments:

Post a Comment