Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19, 2009 in the AM

Things here have been going very well for me. I haven't given up on working out and eating healthy stuff. Even when the boys and I went to Chili's yesterday to have lunch with some ladies from the FOTF board, I had water and a salad. It's hard for me to go out to eat somewhere and order healthy things [which is why I hardly ever agree to going out to eat somewhere], but I did it and am proud of myself. But all-in-all, I have been doing very well, and I am continually seeing some changes!!

My workouts have been going, for the most part, great!! I haven't done any yoga this week, which is bad, but I still run on the days that used to have both running and yoga. Tomorrow is a running/yoga day, so hopefully I will squeeze some yoga in there. We'll see. I feel weird not having done any yoga this week. But my strength training days are still going great!! The other day, I was flexing my arms, and I could feel a major difference in my muscles compared to a few months ago. But my one problem is that the front part of my triceps seriously blows!! It's just not as strong as the rest of my triceps. Ridiculous, I tell you!! My legs are definitely getting stronger and stronger!! The muscles are showing more and more, little bit by little bit. My calves are really starting to show, which I am so excited about!! You know me, I want to have those killer calves!! My waist is starting to trim down some, which I am very happy about!! I won't be able to see any lines defining my abs due to the extra flab I've got there, but I can definitely see that my waist is trimming down, and I can feel the change when I tighten my abs.

Today, I will be working out my lower body and abs. I honestly love working out my lower body and abs more than anything!! So today is my favorite workout day. I love feeling that burn when I'm working out my legs!! It's a wonderful feeling.

The jogging stroller I ordered a couple days ago arrived yesterday!! I got so excited when the UPS truck stopped in front of our house!! HA. I started to put it together almost immediately!! The one thing that I LOVE about it, that I didn't know about before, is that is comes with a speaker and cord that you can hook your iPod up to and play music that way, rather than wearing an arm band and headphones/earphones!!!! How cool is that?! So I think tomorrow, I am going to put the boys in it and go for a run!! I am so excited about the jogging stroller!! All of the storage space it has, how smooth it moves, it's not heavy, and that the iPod can be hooked up to it!! Just simply amazing that stroller is!! [Yes, I am that excited about a stroller. Get over it. LOL.]

My eating habits have been going well. I try to have some sort of protein shake/smoothie at least once every day. Let me tell you, the smoothies are the best!! I love my strawberry smoothies!! But I am out of bananas right now, so I have to have a shake instead. Still good, but I just prefer a smoothie over a shake. I've been eating quite a bit of protein every day, along with vegetables and fruit. And with that, I have been losing some more weight. I am so happy that I am losing some weight, building muscle, and just overall becoming more and more healthy!!

Yesterday made it one year since Mark got home from Iraq. So, in honor of that, I did what I had been planning to do for a few weeks now...I took pictures of myself wearing the outfit I wore to the homecoming to see how much of a difference there is in myself!! I can say that I have lost 30-40+ pounds since Mark got home last year!! I still have a little bit more to lose, but I have made such an improvement in one year, and I am so happy and proud of myself!! So here are some pictures. [Please don't mind how angry/grumpy I look in the new photos. LOL. I was kind of tired.]
FRONT

Photobucket
Photobucket

SIDE

Photobucket
Photobucket

I've made such an improvement, but I know I'm not done yet!! I am going to continue working out and eating right from here on out. Even once I hit my weight goal, I'm not going to stop being healthy. If I stop, I will just get big again and be so unhealthy, and I am not going to risk any health problems!! I'm doing this for myself, and for my kids!! I am determined to not be "that mom" that can't do a damn thing but sit on her ass, instead of being out there and playing with my kids and having fun!!

OH!! And just so you know, I was wearing "spanks" when Mark came home [you know, the long underwear that "sucks" it in for you], and I wasn't in the recent pictures. So that also goes to show you that I don't need something to really "hold it in" for me anymore. That's another big accomplishment for me!! NO MORE "SPANKS"!! HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment