Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hopefully my first of many.

I've had this account for a while now, but just have never put it to use. Now that I have started using it, I am hoping to continue using it at least twice every week. That's my blogging goal for now.

I feel as if I am a healthy person, but I do know that I could be healthier. I can still say that April 12, 2008 was the last time I had any pop and ate fast food. I never thought I'd make it a week, let alone almost 10 months!! I also still don't drink any sugar drinks [ie. Kool-aid and stuff like that] and I don't drink sports drinks. I like to stick with my water, milk, silk, and 100% pure fruit juices. I usually drink lots of water and orange juice though, with a little bit of the other stuff in small amounts. My eating habits aren't as very strict as they were about 6 months ago. I plan on getting back to strict eating habits, just not as strict as before. For a while, I wasn't able to work out as much and as often as I'd like, but it was difficult when we were constantly traveling. I am back to working out more regularly now, and it feels good. I really do enjoy working out. Yes, I even like all of the sweat. If you know me at all, you know that sweat and I are always together. HA. I am just a sweating machine and have been okay with that since I was 13/14 years old. The more I sweat while working out, the better I feel about myself and my workout. Simple as that.

Now here are the things I did today:
1. 5 minute walk/1 hour run/5 minute walk. The 5 minute walks are to just warm up/cool down.
2. 65 minutes of Yoga. I think everyone should do Yoga!! It helps with strength, flexibility, stamina, finding your center of balance, and you can just clear your mind so easily while you do it. It's absolutely phenomenal!!
3. 5 minute walk/30 minute run/5 minute walk. I really wanted to do some more running just because.
4. 1 hour of kickboxing. This is one thing that makes me sweat and, therefore, I love it!! Plus, with the things that today brought in my life, I needed to let off some steam and going out and punching someone just isn't an option. HA.

Today, I drank well over 100 ounces of water. I seriously love water!! I also had 8 ounces of apple juice. My eating habits today weren't too bad, but I forgot to eat breakfast. I think I forgot to eat breakfast though because I forgot to do my morning "liver cleanse" that I have to do as soon as I wake up for a week. For lunch, I had a bologna and cheese sandwich on a bun. And for dinner, I had a few of Brayden's left over ravioli and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I know I didn't eat a lot today, but what I did eat just wasn't 100% healthy. So I am going to fix that problem.

Outside working out and eating right, I am taking some other steps to becoming a "better me". I am going to try to just take a warm bubble bath at least once a week so I can relax and it'll be great for my body to just rest in warm water [verses just standing the shower under warm water]. I am going to exfoliate my skin once a week so it can be smoother and softer. I am going to take vitamins to help with my health. Taking vitamins is so important, and I need to start taking them again.

Other than physical things to better myself, I am also going to include mental/spiritual help. I've recently decided that I need to get back in touch with my faith. I'm not going to be someone who pushes/forces religion on anyone because I think that's just not right, but I know that I need to get back in touch with my faith. For now, I'm just reading the Bible and praying more often. I might go to Mass once in a while once I'm back home in Brunswick, but I don't think I will right now. I just want to take tiny steps for now instead of jumping head first and then wanting to stay away for a long time again. A few weeks ago at my appointment, I asked my doctor if I could go see a psychiatrist. I know, I know...you might think I'm crazy or something. Yeah, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 15 or 16, but that's not really why I want to see a psychiatrist. I want to go to one so I can just clear my mind, talk to someone who is unbiased, and just have someone hear me and not feel like I have to keep certain things inside. This will just be such a wonderful thing in my life. One's mentality has such a huge impact on everything in life! Personally, I think everyone should go see a therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist. People have no idea how helpful seeing one is until they actually do it.

So yeah, I am making some new changes in my life now. I know where I am, and I'm pretty sure I know where I want to be. But to get to where I want to be, certain things need to be done, certain changes need to be made.

Before I go, I have some things I need to get off of my chest that aren't about working out and healthy habits. Today marks one year since my Grandpa Mike's funeral and one year since Glenna passed. Grandpa Mike...ugh, I miss you so much!! I know I didn't get to see you very often once I got older, but you don't know how much I wanted to. I miss playing card games with you and hearing you tell your dirty, vulgar jokes and laughs. I miss the times you would just ramble on, and the times you'd fall asleep on the wooden rocking chair with your mouth wide open, snoring as loud as you could. I miss you so much. I regret never taking any pictures of Michael and Brayden with you. I wish I would've so they could have a picture with you and look at it as they grow up. Glenna, you were simply remarkable. I am so glad that Shannon and Laura became friends, and that your family became a part of my family. You were the most generous, caring, kind woman I've ever met. You put everyone before yourself. You gave so much to those who were in need. You also gave to those who didn't necessarily need anything. You were just amazing. After each child of mine was born, you'd give me a big ol' basket full of things, like diapers, wipes, books, toys, etc. You came to Michael's first birthday party and you were so excited, as if Michael was your own grandchild. Grandpa and Glenna, I miss you both so much!! I hope you're having fun up there, even though I'm sure the waiting for everyone else seems to be so long and boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment