Good morning! I hope everyone slept wonderfully last night. I know that I did. My phone went off at 1:00 AM, and I didn't wake up. I actually just found out maybe 5 minutes ago that I got a text at 1:00 AM. The last few nights though, I have been sleeping so well at night!! I am so thrilled about that!!
Yesterday's workout was amazing! I did bump up my running time to 75 minutes. It wasn't that bad running that, but I think I am going to get something like Dr. Scholl's gel pads for my shoes because my feet were hurting the last 15-20 minutes. The good news is also not only did I do the 5 minute walk/75 minute run/5 minute walk once, I did it twice!! It felt so great extending the running time, and doing it twice yesterday! Maybe in 2-3 weeks, I'll bump up my running time to 90 minutes. I also did 65 minutes of Yoga last night. I love how Yoga can really relax me, but it also makes me work really hard and sweat like hell!! Fabulous!! I love it!!
Two days ago, my workout was lower body and abs. That was a pretty good workout! I did some lower body work in the morning, and then did some more at night along with ab work. I decided to add weights to just about all of my ab work because I want a little bit more of resistance and it helps me control my movements more, which makes me feel every single nanometer of muscle being used. It's good stuff! The only problem I had with my workout Tuesday was that I feel as if I could've worked out harder. I know I worked out pretty hard, but maybe it's because I wasn't covered in sweat that I feel like it wasn't good enough for me. I don't know.
Today is upper body and abs. I am really excited to use the Total Gym today. There are some moves that do on it and I want to improve them. I really like doing moves for my shoulders and triceps and the Total Gym. They make me work the most [and sweat the most]. I never really focused on my forearms before, but I am going to now. How dumb will that look having nice upper arms/shoulders, and just craptastic forearms?! That'd look STUPID!!
So up until recently, I wasn't working out as much as I liked and as often as I needed to. With the holidays, my BIL being in the hospital and going to see him, all of the traveling, being sick, appointments, etc., I just couldn't have the same schedule I had months ago. But now that I've gotten really serious about this again, I am seeing changes and feeling changes with my body. I've already lost a few pounds within the last week, and now have less than 17 pounds to lose to reach my current weight goal!! I am working very hard again, and I am so happy!!
I am planning on getting some cosmetic surgery before the year is over, but I don't want to allow myself to if I am not at a weight that I feel is right for me at the time. After having two kids and skin that has never been forgiving at all, I have skin that needs to cut the crap off because it's doing nothing but sagging. I know, it sounds gross, but it's the truth. There's no way on God's green Earth that my skin will snap back on it's own, TRUST ME!! So surgery is the only way to fix it. Also, my boobs look like shit and I need them taken care of. With losing so much weight, they have gotten significantly smaller and I hate them so much! But as you obviously know, I am not just going to go in and have the surgery as a "quick fix". I am busting my ass with every fiber of my being to get in shape and be healthy BEFORE I get surgery. And once I get the surgery done, I will continue to workout to stay in shape and be healthy. I am taking this very seriously. I have known for almost a year or so now that I would be getting cosmetic surgery, and I have not once taken it lightly. I have been very serious and very focused on my own personal goals and trying to reach them before I get the surgery.
Last night, my wonderful friend, Ashley, sent me information about a 5K. I have been wanting to start doing some races, but just haven't looked into it yet. So I was pretty excited when she informed me about it. I wanted to do the 5K with Ashley right from the beginning, but as soon as I saw the registration form and saw that it's a Relay for Life 5K, I just know I have to do it!! I used to volunteer at the Relay for Life thing every year in high school for cheerleading, and that was one thing I never had a problem doing. And now that since high school, my grandma has had a few surgeries due to cancer and removing it, a family friend passed away last year due to lung cancer, and I have had a few cancer scares of my own [especially recently], I know that deep down, if I don't do this 5K for Relay for Life, I will be very upset with myself. My only problem is that my printer sucks nuts and won't print the registration form for me. But I will get it printed off and sent in so I can run this 5K!!
Well, my day must begin now since I can hear my boys waking up. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Get up and do a little bit of working out today, even if it's for less than an hour! Just do something because you'll feel so much better about yourself!!
Oooooo you can call and register, and pay at the race. I did that today. I don't have a printer and I was all butthurt about it!!! I will be so excited if you can make it. We will work something out...We will hunt you down a running stroller :)
ReplyDelete