Friday, January 7, 2011

life is good.

The title of this post pretty much says it all. One week into the new year, I feel beyond amazing! I have been working out, eating mostly organic foods, drinking tons of water, and getting some pretty good sleep. Also, I've been doing some good things for other people. I don't know about you, but doing good puts me in a great mood!

Before we went home for the holidays, I was running a little bit. I tried to run three times a week, but that didn't always happen. Mark had told me a route around here that was about a mile. Every time I would go for a run, I would use my stopwatch to time myself. I figured I was running a 12:00+/mile pace. That kind of sounds a bit pathetic. I tried to not discourage myself because at least I was able to run some distance. When I started running in the summer of 2009, I couldn't even run a quarter-mile. I was still discouraged because I felt like I was running so slow. I want to run a marathon this fall with one of my uncles, and I don't want to be running so slow! Since I want to run said marathon, I got a Nike+ sensor for my Nike+ running shoes and the little insert for my iPod to use every time I run. I have used it twice this week, and I am hoping to go for a run tomorrow so I can use it again. On Tuesday, I ran 1.63 miles in 16:27, with a pace of 10:04/mile. On Thursday, I ran 2.13 miles in 21:50, with a pace of 10:15/mile. So either one of two things happened: (1) Mark told me the wrong route distance or (2) I really picked up the pace in less than three weeks. Somehow, I'm going to assume that Mark told me the wrong route distance. I just don't see myself being able to drop about two minutes/mile without having gone for a run in over two weeks. But I am quite happy with the times I have right now! Running with a pace under 10:30/mile makes me confident that I will be able to achieve my goals more easily than if I was running as slow as I thought I was last month. I can't wait to get my pace under 10:00/mile! That is going to be so awesome - at least to me!

I have been doing Pilates 2-3 times a week lately, too. I love Pilates! It really shows me how strong or how weak I am, and I like knowing what I need to work on more. One thing Pilates is great for is your core! I feel that my core is as strong as it is due in part to Pilates.

Before we went home for the holidays, I was going to the gym on Saturday mornings for a Yoga class. Now that we're back and classes are now running, I am going to take Yoga tomorrow morning. I missed taking the Yoga class when I was in Ohio and last weekend [no class last Saturday, New Year's Day]. Yoga is such an amazing workout! I love it because it does so much good for my body! My posture is better, I am more centered [both physically and mentally], I am stronger, I am more flexible, and my stamina/endurance is much better. I am so happy that I tried Yoga more than just once back in 2008! I always thought Yoga was something weird people did because they were too lazy to do a real workout, but I found out I was wrong! Yoga is some serious business!

When we were home in Ohio, we got an XBOX 360 and Kinect. Best decision ever! I use the game Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 3 days a week. It's a lot of fun and really nice to have a "personal trainer" right in the house. Another game I play often is Dance Central. Now that game is so much fun!!!!

I must end this blog entry though and get ready for bed. I have to wake up bright and early for Yoga class at the gym. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I started Pilates this week too and i felt so great after my first class...and the day after my muscles really hurt . I am really looking forward to next friday. I would love to go running but i can't bc of my foot which was injured a few years ago. But we will try to go hiking or to the gym too.....
    Do you eat only vegan at the moment? I was wondering bc of your pizza big was meat....i will def. cook that it looked so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that pizza was definitely for Mark and the boys! I would not eat that even if someone paid me a million dollars!! I would get violently ill for 3-5 days if I ate that! I will not subject my body to that!

    ReplyDelete