Monday, January 31, 2011

I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my biiike!

[I love Queen, in case you didn't know.]

Yesterday, we went to a sports store here. I have been wanting to go to a sports store for a while. I feel like it's been so long since I've been to a sports store! So I was quite excited to go to one finally! We didn't look around the store much because we went right over to the bike section. I have been wanting a bike for a little while now because it'll give me another way to exercise and the boys and I can get around while Mark's at work instead of using a car. [You know me, I care very much about the environment and I want to lessen my carbon footprint as much as possible.]

While we were at the sports store, I got a new bike!

Once we were done with our shopping there and getting ready to leave, I decided to just ride my bike home from there. Mark kept asking me if I was sure and if I really wanted to do that. I told him that what would be the point in getting a bike and not riding it? So I rode the bike home - about 2 miles, give or take. It was so nice outside, which made the ride all the more enjoyable!

Not only did I get a bike, but I also got a little trailer-like thing for the boys to sit in whenever we go out.

I took the boys out for a little bit yesterday, and they loved it! [And don't worry, I make them wear helmets! I think it would be insanely irresponsible and careless of me if I didn't make them wear helmets. Luckily they're awesome and don't fight and argue about having to wear them.] Riding my bike with the trailer on the back is much easier than I thought it would be! I can even use it to take to the store with me whenever I need groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment