Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Name Says It All - So Delicious!

Last weekend, we went grocery shopping for a few items that we didn't find at the grocery store we normally go to. [Food Lion is where we go for most of our grocery shopping, but we do have a few other places we go for items that we cannot pass.] While we were at the store, Mark wanted to get some ice cream since he hasn't had any in a while. So we go over to the frozen section of the grocery store and he starts looking through all the flavors and brands of ice cream. As he's looking at the ice cream for a long time, I'm just standing there thinking Oh, come on! I don't feel like being out all day long! The kids are getting hungry and cranky, which means I'm getting annoyed and b*tchy! Eventually, Mark picks out the ice cream he wanted. I know neither the brand nor the flavor of what he got because I don't care - I won't be eating it. All I know is it took him ten centuries to pick out what he wanted! Men! HAHAHAHA. But anyway, as Mark was bringing the ice cream to the cart, I looked at him and said, "I wish they made soy ice cream in more flavors that come in the larger containers." I've only ever found the Neapolitan flavor before, and it's not like I've always been a fan of Neapolitan ice cream. [Don't ask me why I've never been a fan of it, I just never have. Weird, I know.] Well, as soon as I say that, I turn around and BAM!, right in front of me are a few flavors of soy ice cream in the not-so-tiny containers!!!! I was rather excited! I don't remember all of the flavors that were there, I just know I grabbed the Chocolate Velvet flavor. YAY for vegan-friendly ice that comes in a chocolate flavor and in a larger container than usual!!


I haven't been a big fan of chocolate for a long time. I never really even craved it that "one week of every month" before I became a vegan. [I know, I know. How un-feminine of me! HA.] Honestly, I haven't had much of a sweet tooth in years! Sure, there would be the occasional candy bar every so often, or the slice of birthday cake, or some ice cream, but sugar just makes me a bit sick - even if I've had very little. But ever since I became vegan, I have craved something with sugar a little bit more than I did before I became vegan. It's not much, but it is more than before. With being vegan, I feel like I can have a piece of cake, or a cupcake [or two], or a decent-sized bowl of ice cream, or an ice cream cone loaded with soy ice cream because vegan foods don't make me feel guilty!! I can eat so much stuff, and know that it's healthy for me - and I can work off that extra 0.05 ounce and then some off just by walking to the kitchen to get something else to eat if I'm still hungry! LOL. It's great! And how can you NOT like that though?!

Being healthy doesn't mean that you eat bland, nasty foods and are "limited" to certain things. If you know what to look for, look hard enough, and even sometimes get very creative in the kitchen, being healthy is better and tastier than you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment