
As soon as I opened the pouch of the meat, I immediately said, "Oh wow! This smells really freakin' good!!" I have had some vegan "meats" before where I open them, and just want to gag because they smell so horrible. However, that was not the case tonight!! It just smelled so good! It smelled like the meat and gravy used when my mom used to make spaetzle. Amazing!
So I put the "meat" in a bowl, then put the sauce on top of it, and put it in the microwave for a couple minutes. While it was cooling off, I heated up the rice. Then I let all of the food cool off for a few minutes. They say to serve the rice as a side, but I am one who likes to mix my rice with other foods. I mixed the rice in the bowl with the "meat" and sauce, and let it cool off for a few more minutes. Once it was all cooled down some more, I sat down and ate.
The first bite I took...I can't even explain it! The "meat" was perfection!!!! I couldn't believe I was eating a "meat" that wasn't from an animal, but it tasted like animal meat!!!! The only difference between the "meat" for dinner and animal meat is that what I had is so much healthier!!!! After a few bites, I told Mark he just had to take a bite, but he didn't because he had just eaten and was full. [Also, I believe he's "afraid" to try the healthier stuff because it's not really meat, and he thinks he NEEDS to eat "real meat". Ugh, don't even get me started on that mess!] You know how you sometimes slowly eat something because it is just that good and you want to savor every bit of it? Yeah, that's how I ate my dinner! HAHAHA. It was just way too good to scarf down!!
I wish I would've gotten more of the Burgundy Trio when I went to the store over the weekend. It just sucks because I had to drive about 45 minutes to get to the nearest store that sells the Gardein products!! Ugh. Oh well, it was totally worth the drive! Luckily, I bought quite a few other products of theirs, so I will be trying them soon. I can't wait! I love finding out about new vegan-friendly food products!!!! It's so nice - and so much fun - to explore new foods, especially when they're healthy foods!!
No comments:
Post a Comment