A little over a year ago, I decided it was time to really change things in my life. One year ago was the last day of a life that I no longer live - and I couldn't be any happier that that life doesn't exist!!
On April 12, 2008, I had my last drink of pop and my last fast food meal. I didn't even want to have that stuff that day because a few days beforehand, I wanted to no longer have those things exist in my life - I had no choice, though, since we were at someone else's house and that's what we had to eat there. But I haven't even had a sip of pop since that day, and I haven't even licked french fry grease off my fingers after tearing fries into smaller pieces for my kids. I just don't allow those things anymore.
Looking back, I always thought that making it one week would be such a bitch and I didn't know if I would even make it passed two weeks without fast food and pop. But here I am, one year later, and I've gone fast food and pop free!! I never understood how people could do this, but once I started doing it, I realized that it's for the best and it only gets easier as each day goes by. I'm 100% happy with the decision I made, and the only regret I have is that I didn't start living without fast food and pop sooner - but at least I started at some point, and not a point where it was too late.
In the last year, I've lost 20-30 pounds. All of the weight I lost came off in just 2-3 months. I haven't lost another pound since the end of summer, which blows balls, but at least I actually lost some weight. It's just irritating though because no matter how much I work out, how well I eat, etc., I just can't lose another pound - which is why in June, I am going to start a "diet" that is actually more strict than a vegan "diet". People may think it's insane, but it's actually an incredibly healthy "diet". I'd say that it's one million times better than a diet that restricts carbs. The "diet" that I will be starting has done wonders for some of my family members, and I am ready to give it a try and see what it does for me. I have a lot of faith and hope that it'll work for me. It might actually just be what helps me get to where I need to be. [And when I say "need to be", I really do mean need to be!! Even with all of the weight I've lost, I'm still far from being totally healthy.]
When the boys and I head back to Ohio toward the end of May, I am going to make it a goal to walk at least 3 days a week and run 3 days a week. It'll be so much easier for me to run while I'm home because I can just leave the boys with my mom. [Seriously, I am just way too short to use the jogging stroller. I can't push that damn thing properly. If I were maybe 3 inches taller, I'd be fine.] I am also going to do some strength training 3-4 days a week. Working out, along with the strict diet, I think that I'll be able to lose the weight I want to lose in time for me to get plastic surgery. I hope that I can be to where at least I feel I can be comfortable.
Well, here's to the past year of success, and to another year of kicking my own ass and hopefully reaching more goals that I'll set for myself!!
No comments:
Post a Comment