Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Whole Wheat Pizza

For lunch today, I made the boys and myself homemade, whole wheat pizza. I posted on Facebook that I was making it, and a friend of mine [Stacy] asked me if I have posted the recipe on here before. I realized that I have never posted a pizza dough recipe on here, and since Stacy asked, I am going to now.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 c Unbleached All-Purpose flour
1 packet of yeast
1/4 tsp salt
Parsley to your liking, optional
Oregano to your liking, optional
Garlic powder to your liking, optional
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
A little more than 1 c water, warm
1 3/4 c Whole Wheat flour

In a large bowl, mix the unbleached flour, yeast, salt, parsley, oregano, and garlic together. Add the olive oil and the water to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix the ingredients together using a fork, and mix for about 3-4 minutes to ensure everything is mixed together. Once you are done mixing the ingredients together, add the whole wheat flour little bit by little bit.

After you have gotten all of the whole wheat flour mixed with the rest of the ingredients, take the dough out of the bowl and knead the dough for 5-10 minutes. [Knead the dough till it is elastic and smooth.]

You will now divide the dough in half and put the dough halves in a lightly greased bowl and cover the bowl for 10-20 minutes to allow the dough to rise. While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease two small/medium pizza pans.

Once the dough is done rising, put it on the pizza pans and stretch the dough to fit the pans. Use a fork and put some holes in the dough. Put the dough in the oven for 5 minutes. While the dough is in the oven, get out the sauce and all of the toppings you want on your pizzas. When the five minutes are done, take the pizzas out of the oven. Put the sauce and toppings on the pizzas, and then place them back in the oven for 15 minutes.

When your pizzas are done, just take them out of the oven and let them cool down for a few minutes to let the toppings settle in place. After they have cooled for 3-5 minutes, it should be okay to cut the pizzas without all of the toppings creating a major mess.

There you have it! That is how I make my pizzas. I hope you try the recipe and like it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Steph!! I'll definitely be trying this soon :)

    ReplyDelete