Sunday, November 14, 2010

WOW! It feels like it's been AGES!!

So it's been about a month and a half since I last posted on here. The house, kids, Mark, and everything else has just kept me very busy! I've been so busy that I had to push school back another session. I just didn't have the time to put school back into my schedule when the new session started recently. So let me update you on how things have been here:

The house is GREAT!! I love it so much!! I had all but the guest room painted by the end of October - and the guest room is still not painted. The house isn't completely decorated, but I've been working on it here and there. We got new furniture when we moved here, and I love it! We got a new couch, loveseat, and recliner. They are a chocolate brown color and they are incredibly comfortable! I have myself an art room/office that I spend some time in whenever I get the chance. I have made some artwork for the house, too. I want most, if not all, of the artwork in the house to be made by me. Honestly, this house is just awesome. I will have to try to post some photos of it soon!

I have already gotten a ton of stuff to plant in the garden I will have soon. I have all of the landscaping timbers cut, but my sander died on me after only two timbers. I still have six more timbers to sand and weatherproof. Once the timbers are taken care of, I will get the garden going. It will probably take me a little bit of time to get the ground just right, but I hope to have the garden ready by the end of the month. Luckily, here in Florida, we can keep a garden going pretty much all year!!

I have started working out again recently. I was so busy for a few months with packing, moving, unpacking, and everything else, that I just didn't have much time to work out like I used to. That has changed now, and I am back to working out regularly. But now only am I just working out, I have decided that it's time to buckle down and get serious about next October! Last Christmas, my Uncle Duane asked me if I would be interested in running the Chicago Marathon in 2011. I told him that I would love to run it because one thing I really want to do - and prove to myself that I can do - is run a marathon! So I am in the very beginning stages of training for that marathon. I haven't ran in a while, so I am just starting a running base right now and trying to get used to the climate here in Florida. I have some goals set in mind, but I think I am going to write my goals out so that they feel more "real" to me and I can actually cross off each goal as I reach them. Not only am I running, but I am doing strength training [aka: weights], kick boxing, Yoga, Pilates, and hopefully I will start biking again soon [I need to put my bike together still]. I am already seeing some results since I just started working out a week ago, and I love it! Hopefully working out will help me get better sleep soon - like it did last summer [in 2009]. My sleep regimen has been all out of whack since moving here and I hate it!

We became co-op members of the local cooperative grocery store as soon as we moved here, and it's been great! I love shopping there because I can find anything and everything my vegan heart desires at that store! I was so excited because last night, I bought my Thanksgiving meal there! It's the Tofurky Feast. I have never had it before, so I am quite anxious to try it! [Last year, my mom and I just had a lot of vegetables and bread.] I plan on getting an "organic", humane-treated turkey for Mark and the boys for Thanksgiving. [However, the thought of "organic" animal meat still freaks me the eff out.]

Life here has been pretty good. However, I miss home [Ohio], my family, and my friends!! I am hoping that we're able to go visit them around Christmas time!

Well, that's all I really have for now. I need to get back to life. I hope to post another blog entry soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment